POEM POEM POEM POEM POEM POEM POEM POEM


LOOSE ENDS

the night you left us to be with him
is the night my dreams died
to think that i wasn't in misery and pain
would be the greatest lie

darkness surrounded every room i enter,
as you could hear my teardrops fall
the sadness and regret that i have felt
can be sensed from across the hall

i blame myself for what had happened 
on what i should've and could've done
if you could see what i am today 
would you be proud to call me "son"?

but we've got to keep living life
as you probably would've told us to
do something, anything 
that would rid us of the blue

as years go on i am reminded of the fact
that you're gone now and i am left here
i sometimes wished that i'd follow soon
and one day i'd just disappear 

things here are doing better,
and as much as i wanted to be with you
to have these loose ends in my heart closed
you would probably tell me to continue

though tears may fall and sorrow takes over,
your lessons are forever by my side
in your absence i find the strength to strive,
to cherish each moment, and feel alive

in memories, your wisdom lights the way, 
through every hardship, night, and day.
you've left this world, but love's not gone, 
in my heart, your spirit carries on.

i love you with all my heart,
and one day we'll be together again
but for now i've got to keep living,
and cherish the memories we've woven.

Popular posts from this blog